Resource Thief | Stress Testing
Understand how your desktop applications behave in unfavorable operating environments with Resource Thief. Simulate disk, memory and network limitations then run existing test cases to verify your applications work as expected.
- Limit disk, memory, and network access for specific applications
- Run existing, or new test cases against the application under test
- Use your current diagnostic, testing, and development tools during stress tests
With Resource Thief you don't need to maintain virtual machines, or create crazy configurations in the test lab to test application behavior in stressed environments.
One Screen, Four Easy Steps to Stress Test Desktop Applications
Stress testing desktop applications isn't exciting, but when they fail due to system resource issues it typically results in lost data and frustrated customers.
- Confirm the application fails gracefully when memory is unavailable
- Validate minimum system requirements just prior to release
- Ensure a user's changes aren't lost when the disk is full
Tracking down memory and disk space bugs, or fixing issues that crop up when the application loses network connectivity is a pain. Resource Thief helps you reproduce defects then stays out of the way while you debug and fix them.
- Apply stresses to a specific application, without impacting the rest of your system
- Run failure scenarios through the debugger, not a virtual machine
- Fix hard-to-reproduce issues faster, with less frustration
Spending an hour setting up a virtual machine to simulate a customer's six-year-old PC is no fun. With Resource Thief, you’ll be able to dive right into reproducing their issue and pass along relevant details to the development team.
- Quickly reproduce rare but time consuming customer issues
- Delight your customers by confirming and escalating issues faster
- Stop escalating vague "customer says it doesn't work" issues